Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Here we go...

I finally gave in.  I've avoided starting a blog because I felt like there is already so many out there to read! But I'm doing it for the few that want to follow our story.  And for us...to remember and document this journey.
Our family is in the process of adopting 5 kids from Peru.  Not just any 5 kids, but 5 really stellar siblings.  Currently, their ages are 9, 10, 12, 14 and 16.  Three boys and two girls.  Their parents died several years ago and they have been living in an orphanage near Pacasmayo, Peru for about 6 years.  We currently have 2 girls: Logan is 18 and Laney is 2. The story as to how we got to this point is long and has been like riding a roller coaster...sometimes without a seatbelt and with our eyes closed.
But we are getting close to the part of the story where we should get to travel and get these kiddos, so it's time to start writing it down.  I began journaling (the old school way, with paper and pen) on April 19th, 2011.  I will go back and type out some old entries here in a bit.  But I'll give fair warning that they are "archives" so that those who don't want to go backwards can skip over those. :)

Thanks for your interest in our story!  We welcome your comments, prayers, encouragement and questions.

~Lauren

"Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world. "  James 1:27

2 comments:

Dwell

I have gotten my head kicked in the last several weeks.  Do you know those weeks?  Where things are said about you-true or untrue-you don...